Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Top 10 Rejected Top 10 Lists

Coming up with top 10 lists is hard and not just because I'm lazy. As I sit around bouncing top 10 ideas off my buddies, the seeds of good top 10 lists are found. But more often bad ideas are uncovered and dismissed. Here are the top 10 rejected ideas for top 10 lists:



10. Top 10 Pizza Toppings and What They Say About You.

Photobucket
Quickly rejected after it was proposed, this is just a terrible idea on many levels: First, it's way too metaphysical. Second, does anyone believe that pizza toppings say that much about you? Sure, if you like anchovies on your pizza you may be an adventurous soul but it may mean you're retarded as well.


9. Top 10 Sacred Cows.
Photobucket
You know what a sacred cow is, right? It's a subject/hobby/interest that is very important to someone and any negative criticism about it will provoke bad feelings from that person (heaven forbid). This was specifically aimed at co-workers' sacred cows but, as my staff and I analyzed this idea, we decided not to do it since co-workers do read this blog (believe it or not) and we may hurt their feelings. Good grief.

8. Top 10 Hottest Sci-Fi Gals of TV & Movies.
Photobucket
This was rejected because some of you out there don't think women should be admired for their beauty. A stupid notion but, hey, I aim to please.

7. Top 10 Ways to Alienate Your Readers.
Photobucket
Why beat a dead horse?

6. Top 10 Boring Movies.
Photobucket
Honestly, why on Earth would I write such a stupid list? One, it'd bore me to think and write about really boring movies and two, it'd bore you.

5. Top 10 Computer Viruses.
Photobucket
Don't know much 'bout computer viruses. My staff would have been fine with this list but I'm the boss.

4. Top 10 Best Examples of Modern Art.
Photobucket
There are no best examples of modern art. Bite me, Picasso!

3. Top 10 Symphonies.
Photobucket
This is one I'd love to do but, frankly, I don't think any of you would read it. Most of you are not as sophisticated as I am.

2. Top 10 Sports Cars.
Photobucket
Snooze. Seriously, it's difficult for me to imagine a more boring subject. I'm just not a car guy.

1. Top 10 Rejected Top 10 Lists.
Photobucket
I know what you are thinking, "Wait a sec, what the hell am I reading?" Ah, but what you folks don't know is that this list was rejected several times before finally being posted.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You still make me laugh. That is good after 15 years. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not slaughtering any of my sacred cows and feasting upon their entrails. I mean if someone has a sacred cow let them have it. It's not hurting you or anything. Conversely if you were to butcher my heffer I would be most sad. Most sad indeed. I'm a sacred cow vegan and I'm not ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on "2001: A Space Monotony" as one of the 10 most boring movies ever. I rented it once and it took 3 sittings before I finally finished it. Friends tell me I need to turn in my Geek Card for saying so, but I just didn't get what the big deal was.

    As for symphonies, I'd be interested to hear what you like. I'm always trying to find new music to listen to. Have you heard Alan Hovhaness' Symphony No. 50 (Mount St. Helens)? Good stuff. I like César Franck's Symphony in D-minor, too.

    ReplyDelete